Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Matthew Adams <ma...@matthewadams.me> on 2013/02/22 16:39:02 UTC

Why is properties-maven-plugin still in alpha?

Hi all,

The latest release (
http://search.maven.org/#artifactdetails%7Corg.codehaus.mojo%7Cproperties-maven-plugin%7C1.0-alpha-2%7Cmaven-plugin)
of properties-maven-plugin (
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MOJO/component/13703), which I'm now
considering using, is 1.0-alpha-2.  It's been that way since 30-08-2009,
almost 3.5 years ago!

When will this plugin achieve GA/release status?  I'd rather not be using
an alpha plugin in my build.

Thanks,
Matthew

--
mailto:matthew@matthewadams.me <ma...@matthewadams.me>
skype:matthewadams12

Re: Why is properties-maven-plugin still in alpha?

Posted by Matthew Adams <ma...@matthewadams.me>.
Correct.  It's not really a big deal, I'll just have some 'splainin' to do
if they ask.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Markku Saarela <ma...@iki.fi>.
Plugins are development time tools and not deliverables to the customer.
So customer should not care how(by which plugin versions) artifacts are
build. Therefore never reveal versions of the build tools to the
customer :-)

Markku

Posted by Matthew Adams <ma...@matthewadams.me>.

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.