Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> on 2011/05/13 14:19:27 UTC

SF Informal meetup on May 23?

I'll be in town for Lucene Revolution and was thinking it might be nice to have an informal Mahout meetup on Monday, May 23 in the evening.  I'll be near SFO, but maybe could arrange for a ride south if that works for others.

Anyone game?

-Grant

Re: SF Informal meetup on May 23?

Posted by Markus Weimer <ma...@weimo.de>.
Hi,

I'm not a mahout dev (yet), but would be happy to join as well.

CU,

Markus

RE: SF Informal meetup on May 23?

Posted by Jeff Eastman <je...@Narus.com>.
+1 to either

Posted by Jeff Eastman <je...@Narus.com>.
+1 I'm in
Jeff

Posted by Jonathan Traupman <jo...@gmail.com>.
Should be able to come.

-Jon

Posted by Dmitriy Lyubimov <dl...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Jeff Eastman <je...@Narus.com>.
I'm taking a red eye out Thursday evening and will have to take a rain check this time.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
If we have too many, we can adjourn to the Gordon Biersch up the street.

(where I got to buy the beer for one of the first HUG's btw...)

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Josh Patterson <jo...@cloudera.com>.
If folks don't mind, myself and possibly 1-2 other people from
Cloudera might join this get together. I'll be there for sure.

Thanks,

Josh

--
Twitter: @jpatanooga
Solution Architect @ Cloudera

Re: SF Informal meetup on May 23?

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
I will reserve for 8 people.

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dmitriy Lyubimov <dl...@gmail.com>.
so what's the time ? 7pm?

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
Thursday.

Posted by Jonathan Traupman <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Markus Weimer <ma...@weimo.de>.
+1

Posted by Hector Yee <he...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
Is consensus forming here?

Posted by Dawid Weiss <da...@cs.put.poznan.pl>.

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
On May 19, 2011, at 2:06 AM, Ted Dunning wrote:

> That is nearly 2 miles from the train.  Going north in traffic will be
> fairly heinous.

And here, based on my numerous observations, I thought sitting in traffic was officially the California State Pastime!  ;-)

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
Two mis-features here;

a) it is a sports bar.  Generally this makes conversation impossible.  Note
that even their web-site is loud.

b) it is at the extreme end of the peninsula.  I would rather have something
in the middle so we minimize total
squared travel time for the participants.

Posted by Hector Yee <he...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hector Yee <he...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dmitriy Lyubimov <dl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dawid Weiss <da...@cs.put.poznan.pl>.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
Works for me.

Posted by Jake Mannix <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dawid Weiss <da...@cs.put.poznan.pl>.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
Darn.

Posted by Dmitriy Lyubimov <dl...@gmail.com>.
I am fine with either.

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jake Mannix <ja...@gmail.com>.
I'm fine with either/both days, fwiw.

  -jake

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
Dawid,

Posted by Dawid Weiss <da...@cs.put.poznan.pl>.

Posted by Jake Mannix <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sebastian Schelter <ss...@apache.org>.
Additional info for tomorrow: The restaurant just told me that they only
accept cash, please keep that in mind.

--sebastian

Posted by Sebastian Schelter <ss...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Olivier Grisel <ol...@ensta.org>.
Me too!

--
Olivier

Re: SF Informal meetup on May 23?

Posted by Markus Weimer <ma...@weimo.de>.
I'm in as well

Posted by Dawid Weiss <da...@cs.put.poznan.pl>.

Posted by Frank Scholten <fr...@frankscholten.nl>.
Me too!

Posted by Sebastian Schelter <ss...@apache.org>.
I'd be happy to join!

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
Sure.

Posted by Isabel Drost <is...@apache.org>.

Posted by Josh Patterson <jo...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
Josh neglects to mention that we talked a bit about his time series work
before Cloudera.

Posted by Josh Patterson <jo...@cloudera.com>.
we talked about

Posted by Isabel Drost <is...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jeff Eastman <je...@Narus.com>.
+1

I can volunteer our San Jose office again and provide rides from the Santa
Clara train station.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
I'm up for it.