Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Phillip Rhodes <rh...@yahoo.com> on 2001/12/21 05:16:55 UTC

getter method not found (but it's there!)?

My turbine program is flaky.  At lot of times it cannot find a getter
method in a Peer generated class.  It usually messes up with the NumberKey
types of methods.

The reason I say flaky is because it is inconsistent.  Sometimes it
happens, sometimes it does not.

Is there a fix?
Thanks,
Phillip

Re: getter method not found (but it's there!)?

Posted by Brian Lawler <bl...@branuity.com>.
Philip-

Actually I found something similar to this when I was messing around with getting
getters on Torque generated beans too.  In my case, I was trying to get the
primary key for my table (a property called "id") by getting the getter using
the reflection classes.  However, there was no getter for that property but there
was a setter.  There were also getters and setters for all of the other columns
in the table.  The funny thing was that when I changed the return type in the
Torque class to String instead of StringKey, the getter showed up!

At this point, I figured that it was some type of reflection thing where the
returning of a custom class somehow gave the library a problem.  Does this ring
a bell with anyone?

-Brian

On Thu, 20 Dec 2001 23:16:55 -0500
Phillip Rhodes <rh...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> My turbine program is flaky.  At lot of times it cannot find a getter
> method in a Peer generated class.  It usually messes up with the NumberKey
> types of methods.
>
> The reason I say flaky is because it is inconsistent.  Sometimes it
> happens, sometimes it does not.
>
> Is there a fix?
> Thanks,
> Phillip

Brian Lawler

Re: getter method not found (but it's there!)?

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com>.
On 12/20/01 11:16 PM, "Phillip Rhodes" <rh...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> My turbine program is flaky.  At lot of times it cannot find a getter
> method in a Peer generated class.  It usually messes up with the NumberKey
> types of methods.
>
> The reason I say flaky is because it is inconsistent.  Sometimes it
> happens, sometimes it does not.
>
> Is there a fix?

If you explain the problem in a little more detail we may be able to help.
To say Turbine is flaky isn't really all that descriptive.

There is also a testbed in Torque (jakarta-turbine-torque) repository where
there are example tests. If you can create a test that displays the problem
than we can definitely help you. Even if you are using Turbine 2.x we can
backport the solution if necessary.

I don't really have any suggestions or answers with what you have provided.

> Thanks,
> Phillip

jvz.

Jason van Zyl