Posted to modules-dev@httpd.apache.org by Henrik Strand <he...@axis.com> on 2012/01/20 10:54:35 UTC

Socket transfer from Apache httpd to a non-httpd process for https connections

Hi,

I'm using a httpd module that does a socket transfer from the httpd
process to another non-httpd process that is running on the same system.
This works but currently only for http connections. I would now like to
get it working for https connections as well.

My thoughts are that httpd in some way should re-connect to itself from
the https connections to port 80 and transfer the http connection to my
other process while keeping the https connection alive and inside the
httpd context.

Does httpd support this out-of-the-box or can this be done with a
specific httpd module or with some httpd.conf magic? Or do I need to
write a module myself that does this?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Henrik

Re: Socket transfer from Apache httpd to a non-httpd process for https connections

Posted by Henrik Strand <he...@axis.com>.
Hi Ray,

I'm using a slightly modified version of
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.3/mod/mod_proxy_fdpass.html

Regards,
Henrik

Posted by Ray Morris <su...@bettercgi.com>.