Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by c tang <cc...@yahoo.com> on 2001/10/05 18:13:07 UTC

new feature

Hi there,

I'd like a new feature being added to Nested
References of bean tag.  Currently it can read from
property with getter method.  It would be nice if it
can read from a pure method too.

For example,
currently
property="foo.bar"
is translated into the equivalent the Java expression:
    getFoo().getBar()

I propose that if getBar() is not available,
property="foo.bar"
is translated into the equivalent the Java expression:
    getFoo().bar()

This is a feature in webobject, which allows access to
an object without have to define an attribute.

ct

http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1

Re: new feature

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
-1

Looking to call a method besides get*() runs contrary to the JavaBean
specification. Struts should stick to the book.

-- Tel +1 716 737-3463
-- http://www.husted.com/about/struts/