Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net> on 2018/02/26 15:07:03 UTC

Requests for Tomcat-related topics for ApacheCon North America (Montréal, 24-27 Sept 2018)

Re: Requests for Tomcat-related topics for ApacheCon North America (Montréal, 24-27 Sept 2018)

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 27/02/18 13:57, Leon Rosenberg wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 4:07 PM, Christopher Schultz <
> chris@christopherschultz.net> wrote:

>> All,
>>
>> The CFP is open through the end of March, so if anyone is interested
>> in giving a talk in Montréal, please don't be shy and sign-up.
>>
>> I've never known anyone's proposal to be declined, so don't feel as if
>> there is some kind of bar you have to clear to be considered.
>

> I bet, I know someone who'd be the first ;-)

Actually, I'm pretty sure that was me.

I submitted a talk one year called "Putting the worms back in the can"
about some of the work we'd been doing in Tomcat to clean-up the code,
improve test coverage and how we'd tackled it bit by bit over a number
of years.

It didn't get accepted.

OK. To be fair, it wasn't the only talk I submitted that year but I'm
claiming the first rejection :)

Mark

Re: Requests for Tomcat-related topics for ApacheCon North America (Montréal, 24-27 Sept 2018)

Posted by Leon Rosenberg <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 4:07 PM, Christopher Schultz <
chris@christopherschultz.net> wrote:

> All,
>
> The CFP is open through the end of March, so if anyone is interested
> in giving a talk in Montréal, please don't be shy and sign-up.
>
> I've never known anyone's proposal to be declined, so don't feel as if
> there is some kind of bar you have to clear to be considered.

I bet, I know someone who'd be the first ;-)

regards
Leon