Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Martin Eigenbrodt <ma...@googlemail.com> on 2009/03/23 13:19:06 UTC

Automatically write scm info into pom

Hi,

I need to have an scm section within my pom for the release plugin to work.
Entering the data manual is cumbersome. My workingcopy is under svn contrll,
so
the correct information is already there (somewhere in .svn). Is there some
magic (a plugin?) than can fill in the correct data from there into the pom?
Actually it feels like the concept of duplicating svn info in the pom is
wrong. Whenever you branch a project or tag a project you need to touch the
pom.

Best regards,

Martin

Re: Automatically write scm info into pom

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 1:19 PM, Martin Eigenbrodt
<ma...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> I need to have an scm section within my pom for the release plugin to work.
> Entering the data manual is cumbersome. My workingcopy is under svn contrll,
> so
> the correct information is already there (somewhere in .svn). Is there some
> magic (a plugin?) than can fill in the correct data from there into the pom?

Perhaps a feature request for the scm plugin?
http://maven.apache.org/scm/plugins/index.html

--
Wendy