Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ben Dischinger <Be...@ndsu.nodak.edu> on 2004/09/14 07:34:01 UTC

CoyoteConnector Tomcat 5.5.1 Embedded

I've been trying for the past couple days to embed Tomcat 5.5.1 into a
java application and unfortunately I have been unable to successfully do
so.  I have read many emails and replies to this list and also read the
few tutorials online that exist.  It seems as though all of these
resourses apply to the Embedded API and none have been successful with
this version of Tomcat.

In short the problem is caused by calling Embedded:createConnector which
returns a null value.  I believe within createConnection the class
"org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteConnector" fails to load using
Class.forName which makes the method return null.  I have verified that
the jar file tomcat-coyote.jar is in my classpath but I cannot find any
CoyoteConnector.class within this jar file, or any other jar file for
that manner.

Has the process for setting up an embedded server been altered or is it
broken in this version of Tomcat?

Thank you,
Ben Dischinger