Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Tom Zurkan <tz...@citizensportsinc.com> on 2009/06/25 22:40:15 UTC

creating a component event link for another page...

i have an admin page that creates a link that would reside on another
page and refer to a component on that other page.  i implemented it by
injecting the page loader and the link source and creating the link that
way.  however, both the page loader and link source are internal
services  which we are advised against using.  my question is, what is
the proper way to do this?

thanks,

tom

Re: creating a component event link for another page...

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Create the event link for your own page, and then obtain the target page and
invoke a method on it.

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 1:40 PM, Tom Zurkan <tz...@citizensportsinc.com>wrote:

> i have an admin page that creates a link that would reside on another page
> and refer to a component on that other page.  i implemented it by injecting
> the page loader and the link source and creating the link that way.
>  however, both the page loader and link source are internal services  which
> we are advised against using.  my question is, what is the proper way to do
> this?
>
> thanks,
>
> tom

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry
Director of Open Source Technology at Formos