Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Peter Ertl <pe...@gmx.org> on 2010/09/11 11:34:23 UTC

remove AbstractResource#isCacheable - do you agree?

Hi wicket devs,

in 1.5...

I would to remove AbstractResource#isCacheable() and give AbstractResource#getCacheDuration() the meaning

  0  = no caching
 > 0 = duration in milliseconds for caching

This would give the developer more control as he could not only set the default cache duration via

  Application.get().getResourceSettings().getDefaultCacheDuration()

but also if resources in general should be cached at all (> 0) or never (=0)

Otherwise we would need another flag

  Application.get().getResourceSettings().isCachingEnabledByDefault()

to gain the same effect.

Do you agree with this change?

Re: remove AbstractResource#isCacheable - do you agree?

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Remove it and add a line in the migration guide.

Posted by Juergen Donnerstag <ju...@gmail.com>.
I do