Posted to users@maven.apache.org by jaybytez <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2012/04/27 01:27:27 UTC

When using resources:resources, supply properties from jar

Is there a way when using resources:resources to supply a property file that
is within a jar (dependency for the plugin) that is used during the
filtering process of the resources files?

Re: When using resources:resources, supply properties from jar

Posted by jaybytez <ja...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks for the help...it's funny that after some searching...I found the
following post and noticed that in our codebase someone had copied and used
this same exact code to solve it:

stackoverflow.com/questions/1231561/how-to-share-common-properties-among-several-maven-projects/1265428#1265428

Re: When using resources:resources, supply properties from jar

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> Is there a way when using resources:resources to supply a property file
> that
> is within a jar (dependency for the plugin) that is used during the
> filtering process of the resources files?

I don't know of any way "out of the box" to do what you are asking.

It is possible that this feature could be included in the
maven-remote-resources-plugin [1] or the properties-maven-plugin [2]
but you will probably have to write the code and contribute it back,
and make a good case for it to be included in a future release.

[1] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-remote-resources-plugin/
[2] http://mojo.codehaus.org/properties-maven-plugin/

Wayne