Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Daniel Wong <yu...@yahoo.com> on 2003/07/29 10:24:40 UTC

Override the transcode method in ImageTranscoder.java

Hi,
I wanna override the protected method transcode in ImageTranscoder.

Is it possible to do that ?

Re: Override the transcode method in ImageTranscoder.java

Posted by Daniel Wong <yu...@yahoo.com>.
Thx thomas:
Actually, i want to extends ImageTranscode's transcode method.

I created my own Graphics2D class, e.g MyGraphics2D which helps to record all graphics2d actions calling (for other purpose).

My target is to take the root in the ImageTranscoder to run the follow:

root.paint(getMyGraphics2D());

currently, the ImageTransocoder's transcode method will set the root to null in the middle.

so i want to override it in my own transcoder.

Thanks

Thomas DeWeese <Th...@Kodak.com> wrote:
Daniel Wong wrote:
> Hi,
> I wanna override the protected method transcode in ImageTranscoder.
>
> Is it possible to do that ?

Sure it is, this is what the ImageTranscoder does from the
SVGAbstractTranscoder. I'd be a little curious why you want
to do it as I might be able to suggest other ways to do what
you want. Also you will almost certainly need to call the
base class implementation at some point.

Re: Override the transcode method in ImageTranscoder.java

Posted by Thomas DeWeese <Th...@Kodak.com>.