Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/19 00:13:56 UTC

Migrate volume from local to shared storage

Hi,

I have 2 hosts with all local primary storage, and we have obtained new
shared primary storage now.

What would be a good/possible way to migrate existing volumes from local to
shared primary storage?

I have already done migration of some templates from one NFS secondary
storage to another NFS secondary storage (on another host , by changing
 records inside template_host_ref, template_vm tables...so scp images, and
change host to another host, etc..

But with primary storage, not sure if this is possible, since disk offering
for these local volumes is "local" type, not "shared" type... is it
possible at all ?

Andrija Panić

Re: Migrate volume from local to shared storage

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for reply.

And what about creating new VM, cloning old VM's volume to the new volume
(copy/scp, dd, something), and then delete old VM and assign IP address of
old VM to the new VM (by editing the database) ???

Any hack to make this possible ?

Thanks

--

Andrija Panić

Re: Migrate volume from local to shared storage

Posted by Koushik Das <ko...@citrix.com>.