Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Ruediger Pluem <rp...@apache.org> on 2008/11/01 12:27:21 UTC

Re: svn commit: r709553 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES docs/manual/mod/mod_authn_core.xml modules/aaa/mod_authn_core.c

On 10/31/2008 09:26 PM, André Malo wrote:
> * chrisd@apache.org wrote:
>
>> Author: chrisd
>> Date: Fri Oct 31 13:18:07 2008
>> New Revision: 709553

>> Log:
>> Add AuthType of None to support disabling authentication.
>> Prevent crash when provider alias created to provider which is not
>> yet registered.
>> Migrate remaining functionality of mod_authn_default to mod_authn_core.
>
> While this sounds nice...
> could you please split such changes into atomic commits? One issue - one
> commit. You also committed docs changes you didn't mention in the log
> message.
>
> I'm not sure if the crash fix shouldn't go into CHANGES.

Plus it makes it really hard to read the diffs if you mix formating changes
with functional changes. Please separate them.

Regards

RĂ¼diger

Posted by Chris Darroch <ch...@pearsoncmg.com>.
Ruediger Pluem wrote:

>> could you please split such changes into atomic commits? One issue - one
>> commit. You also committed docs changes you didn't mention in the log
>> message.
>>
>> I'm not sure if the crash fix shouldn't go into CHANGES.
>
> Plus it makes it really hard to read the diffs if you mix formating changes
> with functional changes. Please separate them.

   Yes, my apologies for that.  I confess I'd hoped to cut a couple of
corners because these files exist only in trunk, I wasn't planning any
backports, and there seemed to be such a remarkably low level of interest
in the trunk authn/z stuff.  Still, I should have done a better job.

Chris.

--
GPG Key ID: 366A375B