Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Rafal Krzewski <Ra...@caltha.pl> on 2004/06/10 10:00:27 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Promote the Abbot plugin to plugins proper

Vincent Massol wrote:

> Please note that in due term, I'd like the Abbot team to take ownership
> of it and at that time move it to the Abbot project itself (in the same
> fashion as it happened for the statcvs plugin).

Why not hand over the plugin to them right now? And if they don't
use/like/care about Maven now, will they in the future?

Rafal.

Re: [VOTE] Promote the Abbot plugin to plugins proper

Posted by Rafal Krzewski <Ra...@caltha.pl>.
Vincent Massol wrote:

>>Why not hand over the plugin to them right now? And if they don't
>>use/like/care about Maven now, will they in the future?
>
> Maybe they don't and they won't but why is that a problem?
<snip>

I have no problem at all with this plugin being hosted in maven-plugins
proper. I'm sorry for making unecessary noise.

By the way - thank you for all your volunteer work - it's really impressive.

Rafal

RE: [VOTE] Promote the Abbot plugin to plugins proper

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.

Maybe they don't and they won't but why is that a problem? I am the one
who cares! I am the maintainer. It's the same for Clover, Checkstyle,
etc. Even the test plugin is similar: It wraps JUnit. I can tell you for
sure that the JUnit team does not care about it...

So for now, I am the one who cares. Of course, I'll do some lobbying to
the Abbot project so that they care. Maybe they'll also accept me as a
committer in which case, I'll be able to bring the plugin there. But for
now, all I'd like to do is make some progress.

Thanks
-Vincent