Posted to builds@apache.org by Antoine Toulme <an...@lunar-ocean.com> on 2010/08/24 17:47:21 UTC

Mahout builds

Two mahout builds were taking over vesta.

I killed both, and checked that they both have timeouts.
They both have one, but they don't have the checkbox "Fail the build" under
it checked.

It looks like to my eyes this checkbox is necessary to kill the build and
stop recording stuff.

Is it a fair assumption ?

Thanks,

Antoine

Re: Mahout builds

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 10:36 PM, Antoine Toulme
<an...@lunar-ocean.com> wrote:
> I discussed with the kind folks in #hudson. In both cases, the build is
> killed.
> If the button is checked, the build will show as failed (red ball),
> otherwise it will be blank (white/grey ball).

Confirmed from inspecting the code for the plugin.

We currently set this to be disabled in the timeout script, I'll
change that so that we don't touch the setting.

/niklas

Re: Mahout builds

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@lunar-ocean.com>.
+1

Re: Mahout builds

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: Mahout builds

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@lunar-ocean.com>.

Re: Mahout builds

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.

Re: Mahout builds

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 24 August 2010 19:13, Drew Farris <dr...@apache.org> wrote:
> Antoine,
>
> Thanks for pointing this out. I checked the 'fail the build'
> checkboxes and updated the configs for a couple of the jobs (before
> hudson started having issues). I'm assuming it's the build timeout
> plugin that takes care of killing the jobs. According to the docs[1]
> builds might still get need to be killed depending on how they're
> getting stuck. What was the name of the job(s) that were stuck?

I thought the "fail" option meant that the build would be marked as
failed if it took too long.
Whereas if the "fail" option is not selected, the build will be killed
if it takes too long.

However I cannot find any documentation on this.

Re: Mahout builds

Posted by Drew Farris <dr...@apache.org>.
Antoine,