Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by BenXS <bx...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2010/02/24 12:22:49 UTC

Can I use any JAX-WS client to connect to CXF WSs ?

I want to migrate existing JAX-WS web services from Metro resp. JBossWS to
Apache CXF.

Do I have to change the old java ws clients as well?
Or are the old ws clients compatible with all JAX-WS web services
regardsless of the WS Stack?

Ben

Re: Can I use any JAX-WS client to connect to CXF WSs ?

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>.
The SOAP client should be ignorant of the technology used to implement the
web service provider--calls are based off the WSDL.  (The provider doesn't
even have to be written in Java.)

So, no, the clients should not need rewriting--however, if you're taking
advantage of WS-* WSIT technology not yet in CXF (or WS-* CXF technology not
yet in WSIT) you could have compatibility problems.  Regardless, testing of
the old clients will be needed to make sure things are working with your new
implementation of the web service provider.

Glen

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Wed February 24 2010 6:22:49 am BenXS wrote:
> I want to migrate existing JAX-WS web services from Metro resp. JBossWS to
> Apache CXF.
>
> Do I have to change the old java ws clients as well?

You should need to, no.  On the wire, everything should be the same so they
should just continue to work.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp