Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Bob T <bo...@gmail.com> on 2021/03/08 10:44:15 UTC

Ctrl-space auto-complete not working on macOS (solution)

Hello,

I ran across an infuriating issue with ctrl-space autocomplete not working
on Netbeans when using a Mac and it took quite a bit of time to track down
the problem.

If you have multiple keyboard Input Sources configured then the OS will
register ctrl-space as a shortcut to switch between them and will block
this shortcut working in Netbeans.

The system shortcut can be changed in System Preferences > Keyboard >
Shortcuts > Input Sources.

I hope it helps someone, it was driving me mad!

Cheers,
Bob