Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Tan Yeh Zheng <ye...@chartnexus.com> on 2011/01/13 08:33:24 UTC

Old data not indexed

I tried to run the example on
http://www.riptano.com/blog/whats-new-cassandra-07-secondary-indexes
programatically.

After I index the column "state", I tried to get_indexed_slices (where
state = 'UT') but it returned an empty list. But if I index first, then
query, it'll return the correct result. Any advise is appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: Old data not indexed

Posted by Stu Hood <st...@gmail.com>.
As mentioned in the article you linked, index creation happens
asynchronously: when you perform the schema update call to add an index, the
index starts building in the background, and will not be completely valid
until it finishes building. I believe there is a JMX call to check the
status of this process.

Re: Old data not indexed

Posted by Tan Yeh Zheng <ye...@chartnexus.com>.
Hi all,