Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Kari <ho...@freemail.hu> on 2006/11/08 13:59:15 UTC

perl script doesn't work under apache2

Hi,

We have a Debian 3.1 Sarge with 2.6 kernel and apache2. The perl
modul is loaded. (we checked it with phpinfo()) We want to execute a
html which contains a perl script in th home/public_html directory, but
we received an error message 'an error occured while processing
directive'. Thanks for any help.

best regards
Karoly

KGFB-2007 az Első Online Alkusztól! Kösse nálunk újra kötelező biztosítását!
Az összes biztosító egy helyen, Online kedvezmények, egyszerű ügymenet.
http://www.netrisk.hu

Re: perl script doesn't work under apache2

Posted by Jonathan Vanasco <mo...@2xlp.com>.
On Nov 8, 2006, at 8:13 AM, Sean Davis wrote:

>> We have a Debian 3.1 Sarge with 2.6 kernel and apache2. The perl
>> modul is loaded. (we checked it with phpinfo()) We want to execute a
>> html which contains a perl script in th home/public_html
>> directory, but
>> we received an error message 'an error occured while processing
>> directive'. Thanks for any help.
>
> Hi, Karoly.
>
> This email list is for mod_perl questions, not general perl CGI
> questions.
> You are better off writing to:

well if they're seeing a perl mod vis phpinfo, then its mod_perl --
probably modperl running under registry ( since its cgi )

I can't offer any advice outright, aside from this:

	1- tail your error log.  you might find something better in there.
	2- there are some docs on the mp website re: apache::registry .
they should help you.

// Jonathan Vanasco

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Re: perl script doesn't work under apache2

Posted by Sean Davis <sd...@mail.nih.gov>.
On Wednesday 08 November 2006 07:59, Kari wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have a Debian 3.1 Sarge with 2.6 kernel and apache2. The perl
> modul is loaded. (we checked it with phpinfo()) We want to execute a
> html which contains a perl script in th home/public_html directory, but
> we received an error message 'an error occured while processing
> directive'. Thanks for any help.

Hi, Karoly.

This email list is for mod_perl questions, not general perl CGI questions.
You are better off writing to:

beginners-cgi@perl.org

In the meantime, you might want to go through this tutorial:

http://users.easystreet.com/ovid/cgi_course

Sean