Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org> on 2004/07/11 05:54:02 UTC

Interim Build Location

In catching up on back email, I noticed a piece of advice about where to
put interim builds that should be made available to the public for
review, but are not official signed releases (which would go to
http://www.apache.org/dist).  The suggestion from infrastructure was to use:

    http://cvs.apache.org/dist/

which has the dual advantages (over someone's arbitrary home directory)
of implying that "this is likely to become a release unless there are
fatal problems with it", and it doesn't go out to the mirror networks.
I suggest we use this approach for release candidates (and alpha/beta
voted releases) until they are voted GA.

Craig

RE: Interim Build Location

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.

Would it make sense to move the 1.2.0 build from my home directory to there,
perhaps replaced by a symlink so that existing links don't break?

--
Martin Cooper

RE: Interim Build Location

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 10:51:10 -0700, Martin Cooper wrote:
> Note that I haven't signed the .tar files, since we don't normally
> distribute those - you might want to delete them. (I should really
> fix the 'release' target to delete them, since they're only created
> as a means to creating the .tar.gz files.)

Done.

I brought the Commons Validator 1.1.3 over too:

http://cvs.apache.org/dist/jakarta/commons/validator/v1.1.3/

-Ted.

RE: Interim Build Location

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.