Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Thomas Bernhard <tb...@yahoo.com> on 2007/10/19 13:12:20 UTC

Is MIT license compatible with Apache?

Is the MIT license compatible with the Apache license used by Cayenne?

And what about BSD?

I'm asking this because of some possible feature requests, but it's
important to know what libraries might be included(with CM). Also it would
be nice to know how can be automatically handled a situation when a library
is clearly not compatible.

Tom.

Re: Is MIT license compatible with Apache?

Posted by Thomas Bernhard <tb...@yahoo.com>.

Andrus Adamchik wrote:

> MIT and BSD are fully compatible.

Thank you. I'm glad to hear this :).

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Here is a placeholder for the official page on ASF license
compatibility (currently it redirects to a draft document)

    http://apache.org/legal/3party.html

MIT and BSD are fully compatible.

Andrus