Posted to user@tika.apache.org by Mark Kerzner <ma...@shmsoft.com> on 2018/02/20 04:02:01 UTC

Long time with OCR

Hi, all,

I am doing OCR on a pdf with more than 500 hundred pages. Since it takes a
long time, I broke the PDF into individual pages, so that I can better
track progress. It works, but I get 10 seconds per page. These pages are
hard because they have different fonts and maybe other complications.

Is that a good approach? Is the 10 seconds time normal? I am using the
latest most powerful Mac and I get similar results on an i7 processor in
Ubuntu.

Thanks a bunch!

Mark

Mark Kerzner, SHMsoft <http://shmsoft.com/>,
Book a call with me here <http://www.meetme.so/markkerzner>

Mobile: 713-724-2534
Skype: mark.kerzner1
<http://shmsoft.com/>

Re: Long time with OCR

Posted by Mark Kerzner <ma...@shmsoft.com>.
Thanks again

RE: Long time with OCR

Posted by "Allison, Timothy B." <ta...@mitre.org>.

Re: Long time with OCR

Posted by Chris Mattmann <ma...@apache.org>.
Updated the wiki page with this info, thanks Nick!

From: Mark Kerzner <ma...@shmsoft.com>
Date: Tuesday, February 20, 2018 at 6:36 AM
To: Tika User <us...@tika.apache.org>

Hi, Nick,