Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Nick Upson <ni...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/01 13:10:17 UTC

how do I add support for SSL

I have downloaded and compiled 1.6.15 on fedora 8, where 1.4.4-7 was
working fine (I need 1.6 for compatibity with other users)

but when I do

svn co https://x.y.z.1/....... (my repo)

I now get

svn: SSL is not supported

In case it's a configuration issue I'm using "./configure --with-ssl
--with-neon=/usr/local", then make and make install

Re: how do I add support for SSL

Posted by Nick Upson <ni...@gmail.com>.
On 1 February 2011 12:34, Nico Kadel-Garcia <nk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 7:10 AM, Nick Upson <ni...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have downloaded and compiled 1.6.15 on fedora 8, where 1.4.4-7 was
>> working fine (I need 1.6 for compatibity with other users)
>>
>> but when I do
>>
>> svn co https://x.y.z.1/....... (my repo)
>>
>> I now get
>>
>> svn: SSL is not supported
>>
>> In case it's a configuration issue I'm using "./configure --with-ssl
>> --with-neon=/usr/local", then make and make install
>
> First: Fedora 8 is out of date and deprecated, update if you can.

I know <grin>, but this is for me to build packages to be install on fc8

> Second, you need to make sure that the openssl-devel packages are
> installed, so that the "include" files are available for compilation.

openssl-devel - 0.9.8b-17.fc8.i386 already installed

> Third, you might just save yourself the grief and install from the
> latest SRPM from Fedora 14, and that will at least tell you the
> dependencies.

I'd like to keep that as a last resort, so much has changed in fedora
between 8 & 14

Re: how do I add support for SSL

Posted by Nico Kadel-Garcia <nk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nick Upson <ni...@gmail.com>.
On 1 February 2011 12:58, Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com> wrote:
> On Feb 1, 2011, at 06:10, Nick Upson wrote:
>
>> I have downloaded and compiled 1.6.15 on fedora 8, where 1.4.4-7 was
>> working fine (I need 1.6 for compatibity with other users)
>>
>> but when I do
>>
>> svn co https://x.y.z.1/....... (my repo)
>>
>> I now get
>>
>> svn: SSL is not supported
>>
>> In case it's a configuration issue I'm using "./configure --with-ssl
>> --with-neon=/usr/local", then make and make install
>
> It's your HTTP library (neon or serf), not Subversion itself, that needs the SSL support compiled in. Verify that neon has been compiled with SSL support.

I just recompiled neon using ./configure --with-ssl" but I still get
the same result

Re: how do I add support for SSL

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.