Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Matthias Bläsing <mb...@doppel-helix.eu> on 2018/11/02 19:09:37 UTC

Accessing/Uploading to netbeans.osuosl.org (was: Re: External Libraries)

Hi,

Am Freitag, den 02.11.2018, 19:54 +0100 schrieb Geertjan Wielenga:
> Right, we should be using OSUOSL now. (How does one say that out loud, by
> the way.) And we need to document that.
>

> On Friday, November 2, 2018, Antonio <an...@vieiro.net> wrote:
>

> > AFAIK we're not using hg.netbeans.org for binaries any longer, are we?
> > Last build I did fetched them from OSUOSL [1].
> >
> > Maybe we want to explain in Confluence how to upload binaries to OSUOSL. I
> > recall reading somewhere that some credentials were required.

we are using hg.netbeans.org for binary uploads and OSUOSL as a mirror.
This is also visible in recent PR, where builds failed, because
synchronising to the mirror took time.

If possible we should IMHO try to get away from the hosting binaries
ourselves. Many dependencies are already directly fetched from maven
central and we should continue that work.

Uploads directly to OSUOSL were never completely documented and/or
credentials were only available to a subset of persons.

It is claimed, that the PPMC can upload:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans/pull/899#issuecomment-424072024

Well - I can't. This needs to be sorted out, before we can claim "it is
done".

Greetings

Matthias

Re: Accessing/Uploading to netbeans.osuosl.org

Posted by Antonio <an...@vieiro.net>.
+1 to how know how OSUOSL is to be said.
+1 to not hosting binaries ourselves.
+1 to have a big photo of the Duke Choice Award on the main site.
+1 to add instructions on uploading libraries to our INFRA page [1].
+1 to have stop me sending +1.

Cheers,
Antonio

[1]