Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net> on 2004/07/19 00:56:42 UTC

Status Update for Directory

Since the last report:

  * Alan Cabrera has joined us to write the stub compiler for Snickers.
  * We have resusitated the original LDAPd code base right before we
entered the incubator to have a running server.  This is there for
people to be able to play around with as server: fire it up and kick the
tires.  Of course all the package names and other aspects of the server
have been adjusted to convey that it is now a part of Apache.
  * We have begun to focus specifically on Snickers after a
recommendation by Nicola and Noel.  The goal is to lift this sole IP
issue from the project to prepare us to exit the incubator.  At the
present time the decoder half of the BER codec is complete and working
well.  We should have the encoder half complete soon since it is already
under way.
  * The server front end is ready and comes up in the new Eve server.
The only problem at this point is that it returns busy for every
response.   This will remain the case until we pull the new backend
subsystem out of the sandbox to complete the new server.
  * Thanks to Vincent we have a new website look and feel using Maven
out of the box.   We also have been discussing a better ontological
organization to the site to reflect the role of our subprojects within
the overall effort.

On Behalf of the Directory Team,
Alex Karasulu