Posted to hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Vivek Ganesan <vi...@vivekganesan.com> on 2013/07/15 16:04:37 UTC

Suggestions required for HDFS-4926 (namenode webserver's page has a tooltip that is inconsistent with the datanode HTML link)

Hi,

We have 3 options (actually view points) laid out for resolution of
HDFS-4926 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-4926>.

(See
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-4926?focusedCommentId=13707219&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-13707219)

Summarizing the options here.

Option -1 : Tool tip should be consistent with the HTML Link (view point
of the issue reporter)
Option -2 : It's okay to provide supplementary useful information in the
tool tip (view point of a reviewer)
Option -3 : Add new column to show data transfer port. Add new column to
show http port.  Change the tooltip of link to show ip address only.

Please review these options and vote.

Thank you.

Regards,
Vivek Ganesan.

Re: Suggestions required for HDFS-4926 (namenode webserver's page has a tooltip that is inconsistent with the datanode HTML link)

Posted by Suresh Srinivas <su...@hortonworks.com>.
Jira has these comments right. I do not see necessity for posting that again to hdfs-dev mailing list. Please continue the discussion in Jira.

Sent from phone