Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Scott Jones <sa...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/23 01:09:55 UTC

[users@httpd] apache installed, but can't access

I have apache installed on my ubuntu 9.10 desktop, but I can not access any
sites served by it remotely, but Mailman and SugarCRM are working when I am
on my LAN there.

How can i test my installation? Oddly I can access my router remotely, just
not anything behind it; I do have ports 80 and 443 opened too.

Here's my domain: fyrenice.com.

Thanks for any direction!

Scott

Re: [users@httpd] apache installed, but can't access

Posted by steve reilly <sf...@roadrunner.com>.
Daniel Reinhardt wrote:

> [...]

that could be the case, but i suspect you have not forwarded port 80 to
whatever internal ip your running apache on? (must be static) and.....
have you forwarded your domain name to your home ip through your hosting
company?     if you dont have a static ip, your going to be running into
many problems...... one being having to change the ip your domain name
resolves to all the time..... you may want to look into dyndns for that
problem.

steve

Re: [users@httpd] apache installed, but can't access

Posted by Daniel Reinhardt <cr...@cryptodan.net>.

Posted by Nilesh Govindarajan <li...@itech7.com>.
On 01/23/2010 05:39 AM, Scott Jones wrote:
> I have apache installed on my ubuntu 9.10 desktop, but I can not access
> any sites served by it remotely, but Mailman and SugarCRM are working
> when I am on my LAN there.
> How can i test my installation? Oddly I can access my router remotely,
> just not anything behind it; I do have ports 80 and 443 opened too.
> Here's my domain: fyrenice.com <http://fyrenice.com>.
> Thanks for any direction!
> Scott

More likely of a firewall issue ?

Or you've not enabled port forwarding on your router.

--
Nilesh Govindarajan
Site & Server Adminstrator

Re: [users@httpd] apache installed, but can't access

Posted by CompuServe <Co...@icqmail.com>.
Scott Jones:
> I have apache installed on my ubuntu 9.10 desktop, but I can not access
> any sites served by it remotely, but Mailman and SugarCRM are working
> when I am on my LAN there.
>
> How can i test my installation? Oddly I can access my router remotely,
> just not anything behind it; I do have ports 80 and 443 opened too.
>
> Here's my domain: fyrenice.com <http://fyrenice.com>.

It seems the server couldn't be reached from my end.
It is most probably a network (route/nat) problem, not the problem of
apache itself.

--
IT Professional Support
ICQ: 566-464-467