Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by "vin.ror" <vi...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/24 17:05:36 UTC

Test Automation in Pivot

Hi,

Wanted to check with forum users and Pivot administrators about possible
test automation solution available or to try with Pivot development.

Please suggest if you have come across any framework which can help in this.

Thanks in Advance,
Vin

Re: Test Automation in Pivot

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
sorry for the big delay but this week I'm in holidays with none/very
low connectivity and no a simple way to send you some link to Sikuli
and other similar tools ... but now you have found :-) .

For Pivot 2.1 we have in plan to improve the testability with tools,
so if you have some idea/suggestion (even after your tests with Sikuli
and maybe other tools) tell to us. There is a JIRA issue for it but
now I don't find it ...

Thanks for now.

Bye,
Sandro

Re: Test Automation in Pivot

Posted by "vin.ror" <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

Apologies I didn't search the forum archive before posting.

When I did found earlier discussions in same line from below.

http://apache-pivot-users.399431.n3.nabble.com/Functional-GUI-Testing-tt676616.html#a676660
http://www.mail-archive.com/pivot-dev@incubator.apache.org/msg03278.html

Sandro,

Thanks for pointing to Sikuli, interesting to run a demo on it with Pivot.

Still something which can operate at Pivot component level will be helpful.

Thanks and Regards,
Vin.