Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by ht...@karsites.net on 2006/01/02 14:48:37 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] Filename Access

I think I have isolated the problem now.

# THIS IS CAUSING THE PROBLEM WITH <Files>...</Files>
#
# remove the CONNECT bug #
http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=19113
#
#<Location />
#  <Limit CONNECT>
#  Order deny,allow
#  Deny from all
#  </Limit>
#</Location>

When I un-comment the above, the error appears. If I
comment out the above, the error goes away.

If anyone else on the list is using this patch, maybe they
need to check out their configuration too. It's nice to be
able to configure apache directories now, and know what
behaviour to expect.

Many thanks to Joe Knall for all his suggestions and help,
from suse-security list and by sending me a copy of his
httpd.conf file in the early hours!

Happy new year to everyone.

Keith Roberts

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005, Jim Walls wrote: