Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Christoph Germeier <c....@bafz.de> on 2006/05/12 12:41:02 UTC

Calling bean functions from events on InputSuggestAjax

With the current release of Tomahawk (1.1.2) and MyFaces Core (1.1.3) and
tomahawk-sandbox-1.1.3-SNAPSHOT.jar we have following problems with
InputSuggestAjax:

1.) We need to trigger some application functions on events in this field.
Especially after selection from the drop down menue or when leaving the field we
would like to trigger a submit of the form. When the field is left, we want to
call backing bean methods for updating the form with respective database
information. Beans etc. are already implemented.

2.) With Browser Konqueror the drop down menue does not attach to the input
field, but it is placed somewhere below with a big and unacceptable distance to
it. This problem is not seen with Firefox or IE.

In an earlier version we did not have problem 1.) and it was possible to get
events like onfocus, onchange, onclick, onblur working with it.

Best thanks for some advice

Regards

Christoph

Re: Calling bean functions from events on InputSuggestAjax

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Christoph,

that component renderer uses now dojotoolkit.
Perhaps Gerald can help out on this.

-Matthias

--
Matthias Wessendorf
Aechterhoek 18

Re: Calling bean functions from events on InputSuggestAjax

Posted by Gerald Müllan <bi...@gmail.com>.
JIRA is on again now.

Have a look:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMAHAWK-258

cheers,

Gerald

--
Gerald Müllan
Schelleingasse 2/11

Re: Calling bean functions from events on InputSuggestAjax

Posted by Carsten <ku...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Gerald Müllan <bi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Christoph,

1.) There is a JIRA issue about that, didn`t had time to have a look on it.
But if you can get this to run, i would be very glad if you could
provide a patch for this.

2.) This should be an issue of dojo, the component does only render
out the dojo widget.
Maybe you get some information about this on the dojo list.

cheers,

Gerald

--
Gerald Müllan