Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Suren Raju <su...@imaginea.com> on 2013/10/25 16:36:22 UTC

Help on solr more like this functionality

Hi,

We are trying to solve a business problem by performing solr more like this
query. We are able to perform the more like this search. We have a specific
use case that requires different boost on different match fields. Say i do
more like this based on fields title and description of products. I wanna
provide more boost for match field *title *than the description.

Query im trying so far is

mysolrhost:8983/solr/mlt?q=id:UTF8TEST&mlt.fl=title,description&mlt.mindf=1&mlt.mintf=1

Is there any way to provide different boost for title and description?

Many thanks,

Suren.

Re: Help on solr more like this functionality

Posted by Koji Sekiguchi <ko...@r.email.ne.jp>.
Hi Suren,

(13/10/25 23:36), Suren Raju wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are trying to solve a business problem by performing solr more like this
> query. We are able to perform the more like this search. We have a specific
> use case that requires different boost on different match fields. Say i do
> more like this based on fields title and description of products. I wanna
> provide more boost for match field *title *than the description.
>
> Query im trying so far is
>
> mysolrhost:8983/solr/mlt?q=id:UTF8TEST&mlt.fl=title,description&mlt.mindf=1&mlt.mintf=1
>
> Is there any way to provide different boost for title and description?

I don't have much experience on MLT, but index time boosting might help you?

Koji
--
http://soleami.com/blog/automatically-acquiring-synonym-knowledge-from-wikipedia.html