Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Nadir Amra <am...@us.ibm.com> on 2007/08/10 05:42:39 UTC

New feature to enhance in support of ?wsdl

Hi all,

I believe that it would be a very useful feature if  we controlled the
generation of what WSDL bindings is returned in a WSDL document by AXIS 2
(when one does not exist) from within the services.xml file.  One can
indicate through a parameter whether SOAP11, SOAP12, HTTP, ALL, etc.
binding are to be returned.

I presume there is no such feature in current implementation and was
wondering if it would be a good idea to open JIRA if it is feasible so
that maybe it can be added in a future release?

Nadir K. Amra

Re: New feature to enhance in support of ?wsdl

Posted by keith chapman <ke...@gmail.com>.
I guess the better solution might be to use the AxisBinding hierarchy
introduced while integrating WSDL 2.0 changes. Currently the
services.xmldoes not populate the Binding hierarchy but keeps all the
details in the
AxisService. It might be a better solution to populate 3 bindings by default
(namely SOAP 1.1, SOAP 1.2 and HTTP) and customize it based on properties in
the services.xml.

When ?wsdl or ?wsdl2 is called we look for binding hierarchy, and if its
present we serialize them. If its not present we generate 3 default
bindings. So if the above is incorporated we would automatically get a WSDL
that the user desires.

Using the binding hierarchy has other benefits, such as been able to
customize a particular binding without effecting the others. I certainly
think that we should be using the Binding hierarchy when building services
from the services.xml.

Thanks,
Keith.

On 8/10/07, Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, please create a JIRA, if there are some overlapping ones, we'll
> link them or close them.
>
> thanks,
> dims
>
> On 8/9/07, Nadir Amra <am...@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I believe that it would be a very useful feature if  we controlled the
> > generation of what WSDL bindings is returned in a WSDL document by AXIS
> 2
> > (when one does not exist) from within the services.xml file.  One can
> > indicate through a parameter whether SOAP11, SOAP12, HTTP, ALL, etc.
> > binding are to be returned.
> >
> > I presume there is no such feature in current implementation and was
> > wondering if it would be a good idea to open JIRA if it is feasible so
> > that maybe it can be added in a future release?
> >

> > Nadir K. Amra

Keith Chapman
WSO2 Inc.
Oxygen for Web Services Developers.
http://wso2.org/

Re: New feature to enhance in support of ?wsdl

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.