Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by chokdee <bo...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/01 10:31:59 UTC

Migrate a versionable node to a hierachie node

Hello

did someone changed a mix:versionable node to a 'normal' node?

I did not find a solution other than creating a new one and move alle
children to the new node.

Thanks
Juergen

Re: Migrate a versionable node to a hierachie node

Posted by chokdee <bo...@gmail.com>.

Tobias Bocanegra-3 wrote:

> well, if you want to be able to remove the "versionable" state of a
> node, you should make it versionable by adding the resp. mixin in the
> first place.
> other than that, there is not other solution than creating a node
> node, copy all properties and moving the child nodes.

i took a look at the code. It works well, if I do addMixin and removeMixin.

But if I do the same with NodeTypeManager.registerNodeTypes it fails with

javax.jcr.RepositoryException: The following nodetype change contains
non-trivial changes

I've tried to do the same like removeMixin, but it fails to.

Re: Migrate a versionable node to a hierachie node

Posted by Tobias Bocanegra <tr...@day.com>.
On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 6:08 PM, chokdee <bo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Tobias Bocanegra-3 wrote:
>>
>> what about Node.removeMixin("mix:versionable") ?
>>

> It doesn't work the mixin is defined as a supertypes of  the type I want to
> migrate.
> removeMixin throws an exception
well, if you want to be able to remove the "versionable" state of a
node, you should make it versionable by adding the resp. mixin in the
first place.
other than that, there is not other solution than creating a node
node, copy all properties and moving the child nodes.

regards, toby

Re: Migrate a versionable node to a hierachie node

Posted by chokdee <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tobias Bocanegra <tr...@day.com>.