Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by zhuweimin <xi...@tsm.kddilabs.jp> on 2009/02/12 02:25:37 UTC

can't edit the file that mounted by fuse_dfs by editor

Hey all

I was trying to edit the file that mounted by fuse_dfs by vi editor, but the
contents could not save.
The command is like the following:
[hadoop@VM-CentOS-5-SHU-4 src]$ vi /mnt/dfs/test.txt
The error message from system log (/var/log/messages) is the following:
Feb 12 09:53:48 VM-CentOS-5-SHU-4 fuse_dfs: ERROR: could not connect open
file fuse_dfs.c:1340

I using the hadoop0.19.0 and fuse-dfs version 26 with centos5.2.
Does anyone have an idea as to what could be wrong!

Thanks!
zhuweimin

Re: can't edit the file that mounted by fuse_dfs by editor

Posted by S D <sd...@gmail.com>.
I followed these instructions

http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/MountableHDFS

and was able to get things working with 0.19.0 on Fedora. The only problem I
ran into was the AMD64 issue on one of my boxes (see the note on the above
link); I edited the Makefile and set OSARCH as suggested but couldn't get
things working on my AMD box.

Aside from that, are you certain that vi is a supported command with
Fuse-DFS? It is not listed in the commands on the above link. I'd first see
if you can get things working with one of the commands they mention (e.g.,
cp, ls, more, cat, find, less, rm, mkdir, mv, rmdir).

John