Posted to mime4j-dev@james.apache.org by Kristian Rink <li...@zimmer428.net> on 2009/11/09 14:02:36 UTC

using mime4j to work with IMAP messages?

Folks;

maybe a pretty basic question (sorry if so), but at least browsing the
mime4j documentation didn't really get me very far here: I want to integrate
mime4j with an environment that so far uses javax.mail to pull messages off
IMAP and have them processed (i.e. extract textual content, store
attachments, ...). For what I have seen so far, the mime4j parsers do
_rather_ well here, but most examples just rely upon operating on top of
message files stored somewhere on a hard drive whereas I want to use
messages accessible via IMAP rather than that.

Is there any way of doing so? Am I so far missing the point how to get it
done, or will copying the message to some temporary file be the only way to
go here?

TIA and all the best,
Kristian

Re: using mime4j to work with IMAP messages?

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.
Hi Kristian,
 why not use MimeMessage.getRawInputStream() as source for Mime4j ?

Bye,
Norman