Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Graeme <ia...@ntlworld.com> on 2004/06/17 22:13:43 UTC

Connecting Tomcat and Apache

Evening  all, I'm trying to connect Tomcat and Apache, I've been following this tutorial: http://www.meritonlinesystems.com/docs/apache_tomcat_redhat.html

In order to run the buildconf.sh I installed libtool, httpd-devel, autoconf and automake because I found on a site that redhat 9 users need httpd-devel, the rest are dependencies.

After I installed all of this and tried to run the buildconf.sh script I got this:

[root@localhost root]# $CONN_SRC_HOME/jk/native/buildconf.sh
libtoolize --force --automake --copy
libtoolize: `configure.ac' does not exist
Try `libtoolize --help' for more information.
aclocal
aclocal: `configure.ac' or `configure.in' is required
automake -a --foreign -i --copy
automake: `configure.ac' or `configure.in' is required
autoconf
autoconf: no input file
[root@localhost root]#

How do I sort this out?  I'm a bit lost :(

Cheers in advance,

Graeme :)

Re: Connecting Tomcat and Apache

Posted by Graeme <ia...@ntlworld.com>.
David, thank you for your reply, it looked like it worked, would you say so?

[root@localhost native]# ./buildconf.sh
libtoolize --force --automake --copy
aclocal
automake -a --foreign -i --copy
autoconf
[root@localhost native]#

Thanks again,

Graeme :)

Posted by Chong Yu Meng <ch...@cymulacrum.net>.
Hi Graeme,

You need to install gcc.

Regards,
pascal chong

Can you dynamically add a new element to server.xml without restarting?

Posted by Ivan Jouikov <iv...@comcast.net>.
Subj. says it all...  If not, is there a workaround?

Graeme wrote:

> Evening  all, I'm trying to connect Tomcat and Apache, I've been following this tutorial: http://www.meritonlinesystems.com/docs/apache_tomcat_redhat.html
>
> In order to run the buildconf.sh I installed libtool, httpd-devel, autoconf and automake because I found on a site that redhat 9 users need httpd-devel, the rest are dependencies.
>
> After I installed all of this and tried to run the buildconf.sh script I got this:
>

> [root@localhost root]# $CONN_SRC_HOME/jk/native/buildconf.sh
> libtoolize --force --automake --copy
> libtoolize: `configure.ac' does not exist
> Try `libtoolize --help' for more information.
> aclocal
> aclocal: `configure.ac' or `configure.in' is required
> automake -a --foreign -i --copy
> automake: `configure.ac' or `configure.in' is required
> autoconf
> autoconf: no input file
> [root@localhost root]#
>

> How do I sort this out?  I'm a bit lost :(
>

> Cheers in advance,
>
> Graeme :)

---

Re: Connecting Tomcat and Apache