Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/18 16:24:00 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Wicket 6.4.0 released

The Apache Wicket PMC is proud to announce Apache Wicket 6.4.0!

This release marks the fourth minor release of Wicket 6. Starting
with Wicket 6 we use semantic versioning for the future development of
Wicket, and as such no API breaks are present in this release compared
to 6.0.0.

New and noteworthy
===============

JQuery was upgraded to 1.8.3, bootstrap to 2.2.2.

JSR 303 BeanValidation support
------------------------------

Native support for BeanValidation (JSR 303) was added as an
experimental module and released as version 0.5. You can grab it
by using these maven coordinates:

    org.apache.wicket:wicket-bean-validation:0.5:jar

or by pasting in the pom snippet below:

    <dependency>
        <groupId>org.apache.wicket</groupId>
        <artifactId>wicket-bean-validation</artifactId>
        <version>0.5</version>
    </dependency>

Note that this is an experimental module and that it is not released
under the semantic versioning rules. Use at your own risk.

Hierarchical feedback panel
---------------------------

A new kind of feedback panel was introduced: a hierarchical feedback
panel. A specialized feedback panel that only displays messages from
inside a fence defined by a container component. Instances will not
show messages coming from inside a nested fence, allowing the nesting
of these panels to work correctly without displaying the same
feedback message twice. A constructor that does not takes a fencing
component creates a catch-all panel that shows messages that do not
come from inside any fence or from the Session.

For more information see:

    http://s.apache.org/wicket-FencedFeedbackPanel

For the full changelog see the release notes attached to the end of
this announcement.

Using this release
=============

With Apache Maven update your dependency to (and don't forget to
update any other dependencies on Wicket projects to the same version):

<dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.wicket</groupId>
    <artifactId>wicket-core</artifactId>
    <version>6.4.0</version>
</dependency>

Or download and build the distribution yourself, or use our
convenience binary package

 * Source: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/6.4.0
 * Binary: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/6.4.0/binaries

Upgrading from earlier versions
=======================

If you upgrade from 6.0.0, 6.1.0, 6.2.0 or 6.3.0 this release is a drop in
replacement. If you come from a version prior to 6.0.0, please
read our Wicket 6 migration guide found at

    http://s.apache.org/wicket-6.0-migration

Have fun!

— The Wicket team

Release Notes - Wicket - Version 6.4.0

** Sub-task
    * [WICKET-4880] - Make it possible to override the Ajax behavior
of AjaxSubmitLink and AjaxButton

** Bug
    * [WICKET-4869] - Wicket-Atmosphere track message length
    * [WICKET-4872] - IllegalArgumentException on
ReloadingWicketFilter and inheritance markup
    * [WICKET-4877] - encodeUrl fails parsing jsessionid when using root context
    * [WICKET-4878] - Rendering of feedback messages fails with DebugBar in page
    * [WICKET-4881] - IE 8 : error when handling Wicket Ajax Response
    * [WICKET-4884] - ValidationError messages for NumberTextFields
with minimum/maximum are always English
    * [WICKET-4886] - Do not register Ajax timer if the component is removed
    * [WICKET-4890] - Bad validation messages after WICKET-2128
    * [WICKET-4891] - UrlRenderer.renderRelativeUrl misbehavior if the
filterPath is composed.
    * [WICKET-4894] - Internet Explorer fails fails to properly
include conditional stylesheet links added via AjaxRequestTarget
    * [WICKET-4895] - WicketRuntimeException: addOrReplace for
feedback panel does not clear Component.FEEDBACK_LIST - feedback from
replaced component causes error.
    * [WICKET-4899] - autocomplete shows strings with quotes strings
as string2 with &quot;quote&quot;
    * [WICKET-4900] - Setting a status code on an AbstractResource
results in no HTTP body
    * [WICKET-4908] - Wrong charset or screwed up characters in
Norwegian properties-file
    * [WICKET-4911] - Palette Ajax update does not work
    * [WICKET-4913] - HtmlDocumentParser does not support tags
containing number (e.g. h1-h6)
    * [WICKET-4915] - org.apache.wicket.util.resource.Patht#find fails
on Windows
    * [WICKET-4916] - AbstractTree$TreeItem renderHead does not call
renderHead for child TreeItems.
    * [WICKET-4917] - Websockets are not working if URL has a hash in it
    * [WICKET-4918] - LazyInitProxyFactory prevents using package
private interfaces
    * [WICKET-4920] - Rendered Url on root context with cookies
disabled might result in double slash //
    * [WICKET-4922] - Cloned ServletWebRequest returns wrong OriginalUrl
    * [WICKET-4923] - CryptoMapper ignores original queryString parameters

** Improvement
    * [WICKET-4873] - Support different session id parameter
    * [WICKET-4876] - CheckBoxMultipleChoice should implement
getAdditionalAttributes as RadioChoice
    * [WICKET-4887] - Use a Set to keep the supported wicket elements
in WicketTagIdentifier
    * [WICKET-4889] - Label constructor should accept Serializable as label
    * [WICKET-4892] - Provide helpful exception message in RequestCycle#urlFor()
    * [WICKET-4901] - AjaxPagingNaviagtionLink should provide
updateAjaxAttributes like AjaxLink
    * [WICKET-4902] - ConcatBundleResource should use the respective
ITextResourceCompressor
    * [WICKET-4924] - Websocket broadcast support does not work with OSGi

** New Feature
    * [WICKET-4832] - Websocket broadcast support
    * [WICKET-4879] - Implementing channels in wicket-atmosphere
    * [WICKET-4883] - Out of the box bean-validation (JSR 303) integration
    * [WICKET-4888] - Introduce a hierarchical feedback panel
(FencedFeedbackPanel)

** Task
    * [WICKET-4885] - Upgrade jQuery to its latest stable version (1.8.3)

Re: apache-wicket-6.4.0.tar.gz broken

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

If you prefer WinZip then download apache-wicket-6.4.0.zip (there are .zip
and .tar.gz versions, see http://apache.igor.onlinedirect.bg/wicket/6.4.0/)

On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 3:17 AM, Bernard <bh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Apparently apache-wicket-6.4.0.tar.gz is broken in a version of WinZip
> not in 7-Zip so this looks like a file compatibility bug.
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Bernard
>

> On Wed, 19 Dec 2012 13:56:34 +1300, you wrote:
>
> >I checked several mirrors.
> >
> >It contains only a quickstart, no parent pom. README has contents
> >which seems to reflect what the file should contain.
> >
> >I would use the zip file instead.
> >
> >This is not an authorised message, just an observation from a user.
> >
> >Kind Regards
> >
> >Bernard

Martin Grigorov
jWeekend
Training, Consulting, Development

Re: apache-wicket-6.4.0.tar.gz broken

Posted by Bernard <bh...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Wicket 6.4.0 sources?

Posted by Bernard <bh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks very much Martin.

I am not using Eclipse at this stage. I read the README file. It has a
long list of contents which do not exist in the archive file.

Because the archive file has a size of 4M but contains only 142K files
I thought I might be missing something. Or this README file belongs to
an older version of the distribution.

What would be the maven command without Eclipse plugin to get the
sources? Or does Wicket depend on the Eclipse IDE?

It would be nice to have the missing bits mentioned in the README e.g.
"you must have the Eclipse IDE to get the sources and JavaDoc" so one
can get started.

Many thanks,

Bernard

README:

The archive you just downloaded and unpacked contains the source code
and the
jars of the core projects of Wicket. If you are just starting out, you
probably only need to include wicket-x.jar, where x stands for the
version. As
a rule, use just the jars you need.

You will find the source code here:

	|-- apidocs
	|   |-- org
	|   `-- resources
	|-- lib
	|-- licenses
	`-- src
	    |-- archetypes
	    |-- testing
	    |-- wicket
	    |-- wicket-auth-roles
	    |-- wicket-core

Re: Wicket 6.4.0 sources?

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.

Wicket 6.4.0 sources?

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Wicket 6.4.0 released

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
I think it is safe to use the new one.

Posted by heapifyman <he...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for clarifying.
I tested a bit with the new bean-validation module and so far everything
seems to be working.

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.

Posted by heapifyman <he...@gmail.com>.
Hello,