Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Trevor Grant <tr...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/12 21:44:39 UTC

History of Zeppelin

Hey all,

I'm doing a presentation for a meetup tonight on Zeppelin here in Chicago.

Trying to put in that mandatory 'History of the project slide'.  Wasn't
sure if a site exists some where that lists significant milestones (who
came up with the idea, what it was originally, when it was taken in for
incubation, etc.)

I've seen info scattered here and there, but I'm trying to work on a demo
and would rather do some copy-paste action if this information is already
compiled somewhere.

Quick googling has gotten me no where.

If not, could one of the PMCs give me a brief history of the project and
maybe we'll put it on the website? A trivial but somewhat useful set of
information to have on hand.

Thanks!
tg

Trevor Grant
Data Scientist
https://github.com/rawkintrevo
http://stackexchange.com/users/3002022/rawkintrevo
http://trevorgrant.org

*"Fortunate is he, who is able to know the causes of things."  -Virgil*

Re: History of Zeppelin

Posted by Dinesh Kulkarni <dc...@google.com>.
On that note about history, is their any historical context on whether
IPython/Jupyter was evaluated and if so, why it was rejected?

Just curious to understand the tradeoffs from the principals' point of view.

Thanks!

Re: History of Zeppelin

Posted by Alex <ke...@gmail.com>.

Re: History of Zeppelin