Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Kalra, Ashwani" <as...@cgey.com> on 2004/01/02 10:52:00 UTC

how many struts_config.xml

hi,

Is there any drawbacks of having too many struts_config.xml files. Any
guidelines on this ?

Thanks & Regds
Ashwani Kalra

This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and
is the property of the Cap Gemini Ernst & Young Group. It is intended only
for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are not authorised to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate,
distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this
message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies
of this message.

Re: how many struts_config.xml

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
It's not going to matter much to the framework. The files are read at startup and then dismissed. It's mainly a human engineering issue.

If you are using multiple configs in the same module, and can be sure that the none of the element names collide across the files, then it's just a matter of personal preference.

I often advise teams that are working closely together to use multiple configs rather than modules, since the "paper wall" approach of modules often creates as many problems as it solves. It's really not that hard to enforce your own prefixes, so long as there is an "enforcer" to which everyone reports.

-Ted.