Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Larry Touve <lt...@potomacfusion.com> on 2010/04/27 13:09:02 UTC

Using ManagedServiceFactory to create MDBs?

Hi,

  Is it possible to use a ManagedServiceFactory to create instances of a service that would contain a Message Driven Bean?

 Our system needs to dynamically create services, and each service needs to subscribe to a Topic to get processing information.  The MSF pattern seems to be the best way to create the services (which all need to be distinct instances), but I'm not sure how it would work with an annotated MDB class in the service's bundle.  One solution would be to have a single MDB that implements BundleListener so it knows what services have been created, then can forward the messages to the bundles, but I would prefer to have the services subscribe to the Topic.

Thanks,
larry

RE: Using ManagedServiceFactory to create MDBs?

Posted by Larry Touve <lt...@potomacfusion.com>.
Never mind, I think I can solve this by implementing the MessageListener interface in a class within the bundle, and passing it all the connection information at instantiation time. Each time the ManagedServiceFactory creates an instance of the service Class, it will create a new listener instance.

Larry