Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by ma...@prudential.com on 2002/05/14 20:36:15 UTC

how to start xmls with cocoon ??

Hi,
      I have installed cocoon on my machine and I am using tomcat 3.2.3 . I
have created a sample xml, xslt and sitemap and I want to create a .HTML
file out of it but I am not knowing how to start with cocoon pipeline ??
Can anyone help me with this ?? Can I start with the .xml directly on the
browser which will trigger the sitemap and go further ??

thanks
Madhu

Re: how to start xmls with cocoon ??

Posted by Konstantin Piroumian <kp...@apache.org>.
From: <ma...@prudential.com>

> Hi,
>       I have installed cocoon on my machine and I am using tomcat 3.2.3 .
> have created a sample xml, xslt and sitemap and I want to create a .HTML
> file out of it but I am not knowing how to start with cocoon pipeline ??
> Can anyone help me with this ?? Can I start with the .xml directly on the
> browser which will trigger the sitemap and go further ??

If you are using the 2.1-dev version (HEAD branch) then take a look at
'cocoon/myapp' directory. It's created for a quick start with Cocoon. See
the readme.html for instructions on how to move on.

Please let me know if you have any improvment suggestions or had
difficulties with 'myapp'.

Regards,
  Konstantin Piroumian

Posted by Sreedhar Chintalapaty <sc...@ptc.com>.
Madhu,

Try the Bonebreaker example at
http://www.cocooncenter.de/cc/documents/resources/navigation/index.html. It
has more material than you asked for in the mail, and deals with navigation,
but it has enough info for you to get going; plus you'll eventually think
about navigation schemes anyways.

regards,
Sreedhar