Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Joseph Turley <sy...@yahoo.com> on 2003/02/26 03:08:37 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_speling isn't working

Since no one bothered to answer my previous question,
I recompiled with all modules enabled.  Now that it's
enabled, it doesn't seem to work.  I turned on
CheckSpelling on and when I capitalize a directory or
something, It doesn't fix it.  Any suggestions?

--Joe

Re: [users@httpd] mod_speling isn't working

Posted by Joseph Turley <sy...@yahoo.com>.
I'm using Apache 2.  I just don't like the case
sensitivity issues I guess.  I've tried changing one
letter in the URL and it just comes up with page not
found...  There is nothing in the error logs other
than it can't find the URL I put in.  I've got a
screaming system so the overhead really isn't an
issue.  An apachectl -l shows mod_speling in there.
Any other ideas. Or ways that I can test this?

--Joe
--- Sander Holthaus - Orange XL <in...@orangexl.com>

Posted by Joseph Turley <sy...@yahoo.com>.
Really, I didn't mean to offend you.  I just don't see
the need to insult someone to make your point really.
If you needed more info, just ask.  Don't point out
why I might be an idiot for not putting information
in.  Don't dish it out if you can't take it sort of a
thing.  You dished, I thought you could take it.  No
matter...

Was that url your site?  It didn't load up at all...
Is the url correct?

--Joe

--- Benjamin Krueger <be...@seattlefenix.net>

Posted by Benjamin Krueger <be...@seattlefenix.net>.

Posted by Joseph Turley <sy...@yahoo.com>.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_speling.html

Posted by Benjamin Krueger <be...@seattlefenix.net>.

Posted by Joseph Turley <sy...@yahoo.com>.

Re: [users@httpd] name based virtual hosts

Posted by Nikunj Virani <ni...@netsurf.co.in>.
Depends do u maintain your own DNS Servers. If yes which DNS Servers do u
use ?

As far as apache part is concerned you will also require
NameVirtualHost directive for all the IP's serving Name Based VirtualHosts.

Regards,
Nikunj Virani

RE: [users@httpd] name based virtual hosts

Posted by Doug Groves <gr...@valis.net>.
That's basically what I want to do, but my main question is
regarding how to set up DNS for this.  I know it's kinda OT,
but I haven't been able to find any good examples and my
bungling through it hasn't worked yet...

I'm more of an animator than an administrator anyways, but
"ya gotta do what ya gotta do."  :)

Posted by Jonathan Laberge <jl...@redboxstudios.com>.
It shouldn't be a problem.

Posted by Benjamin Krueger <be...@seattlefenix.net>.