Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by nkiesel <nk...@tbdnetworks.com> on 2006/09/13 03:28:04 UTC

Documentation updates

Hi,

I wanted to contribute a bit by updating the C++ binding page (basically
adding a few lines on how to use the example).  I actually edited that page
(after signing up for an account) and I see my changes in that page that I
edited, but not when going through the ActiveMQ page (which still shows the
old page).

So 2 questions:
1) Is it actually ok for mere users to update the documentation or is there
another process?
2) What do I have to do to make my changes really visible on the ActiveMQ
page?

Best,
  Norbert

P.S.: The link to my updated page is
http://goopen.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=8971
http://goopen.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=8971

Re: Documentation updates

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 9/13/06, nkiesel <nk...@tbdnetworks.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I wanted to contribute a bit by updating the C++ binding page (basically
> adding a few lines on how to use the example).

Great stuff!

 I actually edited that page
> (after signing up for an account) and I see my changes in that page that I
> edited, but not when going through the ActiveMQ page (which still shows the
> old page).
>
> So 2 questions:
> 1) Is it actually ok for mere users to update the documentation or is there
> another process?

Definitely! :)

> 2) What do I have to do to make my changes really visible on the ActiveMQ
> page?

Unfortunately this is a quirk of the Apache web caches and so forth;
it can take an hour or so for changes to show up. More background
here...

http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/how-does-the-website-work.html

so I tend to use the http://activemq.org/ site to see how things are
looking (it gets updated straight away).

Thanks for your contributions!

--

James
-------