Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Howard W. Smith, Jr." <sm...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/03 00:36:57 UTC

Re: 2.2.0 and multipart

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 10:20 AM, Howard W. Smith, Jr. <
smithh032772@gmail.com> wrote:

> +1 thanks Leonardo for informing the user list about this issue. I am
> using MyFaces 2.2 (and/via TomEE 1.6.1 snapshot) with my JSF web
> application, and I confirmed this bug/issue too in my app. PrimeFaces 4.x
> (simple) fileUpload is no longer working. :(
>
> maybe, it can/should be confirmed if MyFaces 2.2 (basic/simple) fileUpload
> works as designed/expected. i have not tested that though/yet.

okay, this evening, I spent some time with this.

1. I searched google for

site:forum.primefaces.org fileupload 2.2

2. found the following on PrimeFaces forum

http://forum.primefaces.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=31210

3. which referenced the following (solution seemed to be too much)

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17204355/glassfish-4-jsf-2-2-and-primefaces-fileuploadevent-not-working-together/17363970#17363970

4. which referenced the following as a related link,

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20316773/primefaces-4-0-fileupload-works-with-mojarra-2-2-but-not-myfaces-2-2?rq=1

5. the answer below, motivated me to upgrade from apache commons fileupload
1.2.2 to 1.3

http://stackoverflow.com/a/20347508/933054

6. and then I looked at PrimeFaces 4.0 user guide, and recognized something
'new' that could be specified in web.xml. So, I added the following to my
web.xml,

    <context-param>
        <param-name>primefaces.UPLOADER</param-name>
        <param-value>commons</param-value>
    </context-param>

and finally, PrimeFaces (Elite) 4.0.x works with MyFaces 2.2.

7. as per PrimeFaces 4.0 user guide, I already had the following (FYI,
below is required if 'commons' fileupload is used)

<!-- PrimeFaces FileUpload Filter -->
<filter>
    <filter-name>PrimeFaces FileUpload Filter</filter-name>

<filter-class>org.primefaces.webapp.filter.FileUploadFilter</filter-class>
</filter>
<filter-mapping>
    <filter-name>PrimeFaces FileUpload Filter</filter-name>
</filter-mapping>

Re: 2.2.0 and multipart

Posted by "Howard W. Smith, Jr." <sm...@gmail.com>.
On Mar 3, 2014 7:33 AM, "Leonardo K. Shikida" <sh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Howard
>
> thanks for the answer

You're welcome, Leonardo.

> except for the "primefaces.UPLOADER" thing, I was using FU 1.3 already and
> the primefaces file upload filter.

FileUpload 1.3, alone, did not solve the issue for me.

> the difference is that I use PF4 community
>
> I've also noticed from the manual that this parameter is optional (page
192)

> (...)
> FileUpload engine on the server side can either be servlet 3.0 or commons
> fileupload. PrimeFaces
> selects the most appropriate uploader engine by detection and it is
> possible to force one or the other
> usign an optional configuration param.
> <context-param>
> <param-name>primefaces.UPLOADER</param-name>
> <param-value>auto|native|commons</param-value>
> </context-param>
> (...)
>
> I'm gonna try setting the parameter explicitly, maybe it's a primefaces
> detection problem.

That's where I think the issue is. Auto detection is failing. That's why I
set to Commons, and then it started working.

smithh032772@gmail.com

Re: 2.2.0 and multipart

Posted by "Leonardo K. Shikida" <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Howard