Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com> on 2005/03/09 19:25:57 UTC

Nightly build script

Can someone provide me with the UNIX script you are using to do your
nightly builds?  I am working on seting up nightly builds for MyFaces.
 In particular I'd like to borrow the code that keeps on the latest 5
nightly builds.

Also, I noticed there are nightly builds on CVS:

http://cvs.apache.org/builds/jakarta-struts/nightly/

Is that where you are hosting your nightlies (they look up-to-date to
me.)  Is that an ASF box?  I believe Martin told me that Struts was
using a personal box for the nightlies so I am a little confused.

sean

Re: Nightly build script

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@gmail.com>.
(Sorry for the late response -- got back from a week in Tokyo back to
back with TSSJS in Las Vegas yesterday).

There is indeed a cron job on cvs.apache.org that cleans out all files
older than five days.  I don't remember the details, but it's based on
the "find" command with some arguments that select the files of
interest and then executes an "rm" command on them.

Craig

Re: Nightly build script

Posted by Martin Cooper <mf...@gmail.com>.

Re: Nightly build script

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: Nightly build script

Posted by Martin Cooper <mf...@gmail.com>.
Craig has the "master" script for Struts and Jakarta nightly builds,
but that's based on the older Ant build system. We don't have the
nightlies up and running (automatically) for the new Maven build
system yet. (I have an older version of Craig's script, and can send
you a copy of that if you need it.)

Craig's scripts build on his machine and then push the distributions
up to cvs.a.o, which is indeed an ASF box. Once we have the nightlies
running on ASF hardware (which is looking like it'll be soon after the
infrathon right now), they will still be building on one box and then
pushing up to cvs.a.o.

--
Martin Cooper