Posted to dev@devicemap.apache.org by Adam <ad...@adders.eu> on 2014/06/30 14:45:46 UTC

OpenDDR switch to Apache DeviceMap

Hi,

I'm currently using the OpenDDR resources files with a Varnish dClass
component (https://github.com/TheWeatherChannel/dClass) to do browser
detection for a number of sites.

Is there any difference between your data and the OpenDDR resource
files, or are they both compatible?

Going forward I am able to help maintain these device databases. Is
there any documentation/advice on updating the files?

I've previously used the Browser Capabilities Project
(http://browscap.org/), however the person responsible for the project
changed a year ago and since then the files have gone through
exponential growth and becoming unusable.  OpenDDR & Apache DeviceMap
look like idea replacements.

Regards

Adam

Re: OpenDDR switch to Apache DeviceMap

Posted by Reza <re...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
So I think this is a great place to start.

Can we go ahead and spend a little bit of time making sure the JIRA system is properly configured and useable for reporting devicemap issues, and in particular, data related issues? So an important workflow is going to be device defects and new device additions. So the only issues I see is that we need to customize the 'component' and 'issue type' fields so they match our product(s). Any idea how we can configure this? Can guests submit issues?

Once we have this system in place, we can go ahead and start patching and updating the device map DDR...!

Im going to put the whole git thing on ice for now. Its not too critical at the moment. Svn will work.

Im also going to go ahead and try and finalize the Java api in the next week, we still have a few lingering cleanup tasks.

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.
Adam/all,