Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Carmona Perez, David" <DP...@fcc.es> on 2003/11/07 15:02:23 UTC

Is somebody using JXforms?

Hi all,

I was a previous user of XMLForms and find it is deprecated and in addition my old code doesn't work well (it doesn't set form data).

On the other hand, Woody seems promising, but is still under development and unfinished.
Are there any people using Woody successfully in real apps, apart from demos?

In addition, it seems that nobody is using JXForms, I don't see any activity on it.  Am I right?
JXForms is quite similar to XMLForms and would make an easy migration path.  Does it work ok?

--------
David

Re: Is somebody using JXforms?

Posted by Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>.
On Fri, 2003-11-07 at 15:02, Carmona Perez, David wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> I was a previous user of XMLForms and find it is deprecated and in
> addition my old code doesn't work well (it doesn't set form data).
>

> On the other hand, Woody seems promising, but is still under
> development and unfinished.

Looking from the positive side, the fact that it's unfinished has the
advantage that you can influence where it's going by providing feedback
or patches.

> Are there any people using Woody successfully in real apps, apart from
> demos?

Yes there are, including Cocoon committers, so it should be a safe
choice.

> In addition, it seems that nobody is using JXForms, I don't see any
> activity on it.  Am I right?
>
> JXForms is quite similar to XMLForms and would make an easy migration
> path. Does it work ok?

I hardly know anything about XMLForms/JXForms but I've seen messages go
by about problems with boolean fields in JXForms. In general I guess
XMLForms is more stable since it has had more usage, so if you're
already using that I think it's better to stick to that. Or "upgrade" to
Woody ;-)