Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Karr, David" <da...@wamu.net> on 2008/03/20 18:39:05 UTC

Any issues using latest Dojo with Struts2?

Isn't it the case that Struts2 integrates Dojo, but a version older than
the latest Dojo version?  Should I expect any difficulties if I try to
use the latest Dojo in a Struts2 application?  I imagine this might
preclude trying to use the Struts2 tags that use Dojo widgets (or just
need some additional config steps), so I guess I'd need to understand
the impact of that.

I also see that Dojo uses "${...}" references for variable substitution.
Will that cause problems if this code is in a JSP?

RE: Any issues using latest Dojo with Struts2?

Posted by "Karr, David" <da...@wamu.net>.
After thinking about this some more, I guess the best answer is to avoid
it in the first place.  Keep complex JavaScript in ".js" files.  If the
JavaScript in your JSP is using a feature like this, it probably belongs
in a JS module.

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by "Karr, David" <da...@wamu.net>.

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
--- "Karr, David" <da...@wamu.net> wrote:
> Isn't it the case that Struts2 integrates Dojo, but a version older than
> the latest Dojo version?

Yes.