Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Bob Temple <te...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/25 11:19:11 UTC

How can I route the brokers?

hi buddies,

suppose I have 4 AMQ-brokers
name them : A,B,C,O  there are all networkconnector wire to "O"

A<->O
B<->O
C<->O

now I want to produce message from A to B, B as the consumer. so it comes
from A->O->B
how ever, if I use TTL = 2 ,

then when I produce the message in A's Queue "QA", All the Queues(B,C,O)
have the Queue(QA). so I even can consume the message in broker C.

THE  QUESTION IS :

HOW CAN I speicify the destination to only broker B but C or O ?
I can not figure out which part of the configuration doing this setting.
the result will be, I can consume the message only on BROKER A,   BUT
BROKER B or O

wish anyone could give me some hint.

Temple

Re: How can I route the brokers?

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
2008/8/25 Bob Temple <te...@gmail.com>:
> hi buddies,
>
> suppose I have 4 AMQ-brokers
> name them : A,B,C,O  there are all networkconnector wire to "O"
>
> A<->O
> B<->O
> C<->O
>
> now I want to produce message from A to B, B as the consumer. so it comes
> from A->O->B
> how ever, if I use TTL = 2 ,
>
> then when I produce the message in A's Queue "QA", All the Queues(B,C,O)
> have the Queue(QA). so I even can consume the message in broker C.
>

> THE  QUESTION IS :
>
> HOW CAN I speicify the destination to only broker B but C or O ?
> I can not figure out which part of the configuration doing this setting.
> the result will be, I can consume the message only on BROKER A,   BUT
> BROKER B or O

Using JMS queues, the message is only going to be able to be consumed
from the broker where there is demand from a consumer. So if there is
only a consumer for queueA on broker B, then the queue semantics will
not allow the message to be consumed from queue A on brokers A, C or
O.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/